Broker Code of Ethics
The members of the Association will remain in good standing, will subscribe to and comply with the bylaws of the Association, and will subscribe to and abide by the following standards of professional conduct and the following code of ethics:
- I will endeavor to provide quality service performed in a professional and competent manner.
- I will endeavor to serve my client's interests with insurance coverages best suited to their needs, uninfluenced by my basis of remuneration and ownership.
- I will hold in the strictest confidence all information acquired in my professional capacity and will not divulge it or any portion of it unless authorized or required by law.
- I will endeavor to keep myself knowledgeable and proficient in my vocation.
- My conduct towards others shall be characterized by courtesy and good faith in such a way as to enhance public respect and improve the practice of my vocation.
- I will fulfill my responsibilities to insurers by:
- Providing complete underwriting details on risks in order that each risk may be adequately assessed. Facts will not be withheld that could be detrimental to the interest of insurers
- Respect my obligations to insurers
- Acting in a professional manner at all times
- I will fulfill my responsibilities to fellow brokers by:
- Conducting myself in a frank and open manner in dealing with a colleague
- making no false statements or misrepresentations by the omission of facts, inference, or subterfuge
- Co-operating in every reasonable way for the betterment of the industry
- Using fair methods of competition in the solicitation of business that is consistent with the honour and dignity of the profession
** The members of the Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick are committed to respecting the privacy rights of consumers by ensuring that their personal information is collected, used, and disclosed in such a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
We support and follow the principles and obligations of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.