The members of the Association will remain in good standing, will subscribe to and comply with the bylaws of the Association, and will subscribe to and comply with the following standards of professional conduct and the following code of ethics:
- a member will conduct business in strict accordance with the laws and regulations of New Brunswick and any applicable laws of Canada;
- a member will avoid controversies with fellow members, will compete with fellow members on an honourable and fair basis and will, at all times, co-operate with other members in any effort directed to the betterment and advancement of the insurance business;
- a member will not publicly criticize a fellow member or express an opinion of a fellow member’s business dealings;
- a member acknowledges that it is unethical to obtain insurance business by commercial bribery, coercion, or unfair influence;
- a member acknowledges certain obligations:first, to the insuring public; second, to insurers; and third, to other members;
- a member will strive to provide the highest possible standard of service which the insuring public is entitled to expect to receive from a well-qualified Brokerage, and will at all times hold the interests of the public paramount;
- a member will at all times respect the member’s obligations to insurers and will conduct the member’s business so that the proper interests of insurers are fully safeguarded;
- a member acknowledges that only by providing services of the highest order can Brokerages enjoy the public confidence they merit and must have, and will at all times seek to raise the standards and improve service provided by Brokerages and the insurance business and;
- a member acknowledges that it is in the best interests of the Association that each Brokerage maintain professional liability (Errors & Omissions) insurance.
** The members of the Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick are committed to respecting the privacy rights of consumers by ensuring that their personal information is collected, used and disclosed in such a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
We support and follow the principles and obligations of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.