10:00 AM, September 20, 2023
The need to work well together is becoming increasingly important. It is no longer enough to just be able to do our job well; but we must also be able to relate to our co-workers in a positive manner. On many teams, this is now as important as our ability to do our job. This also includes supervisors and managers working well with staff and working with external partners or clients.
The lack of positive Inter-personal skills in the workplace can directly impact productivity, through the distraction and disruption and even drama created by poor communicators.
Poor communicators can create a negative work environment causing good people to leave. Poor communicators can create conflict, which becomes a major distraction and disruption in the workplace.
Essential Workplace Communication Skills Training involves:
• Understanding why positive, respectful, healthy Communication Skills are critical in today’s team environment and respectful workplace.
• Understanding Personality Styles and how our personality style determines our communication style.
• Identifying our Personality/Communication style using the Stephen P. Franklin Personality Assessment.
• Understanding the Passive – Passive Aggressive – Aggressive communication spectrum and how to get off this spectrum.
• Learning the characteristics of healthy workplace communications. (Eg. Tact, Sensitivity to others, Empathy, Listening, etc.) and how to communicate in a manner that is positive, healthy and effective.
• Learn to be more confident in intimidating situations.
This session will enable you to improve relationships and results with staff, with co-workers, with customers, with suppliers or with your boss.
Increase team productivity, reduce conflict and create a more respectful workplace through Communication Breakthroughs.
About your presenter:
Steve Franklin has taught Professional Development for 30 years, currently in my own practice with my own training programs. Previously I worked for a number of years with the Atlantica Learning Corp. My earliest experience was working in partnership with Day-Timers of Canada. My courses are based on extensive research and methodical testing to ensure that the information, skills, processes and techniques I present are real solutions that produce real results. I am an experienced facilitator, facilitating in accordance with the International Board of Standards for Training Performance and Instruction. In my various roles as a public speaker, I have spoken across Canada as well as in the United States and Australia. My experience also includes extensive personal coaching; helping clients develop personal motivation for professional skills development, facilitating them through the necessary behaviour changes to make it happen. My training approach includes a strong focus on the practical rather than theoretical: a strong focus on behavioural change, helping participants successfully implement the learning: an interactive, dynamic session.
I have a passion for helping to develop workplaces that work for everyone; where the corporation experiences the levels of success it desires, and where the employees who create the success have a meaningful and positive work experience. My programs are designed to address both sides of the equation.
I was born and raised in Digby, Nova Scotia and I currently live in Riverview, New Brunswick.