Happy Monday everyone! Today on Meet the board Monday we have James Higgins joining us from HIggins Insurance Group!
1. Tell me a bit about yourself and your family.
** I am married with two grown children (27 yo girl and 21 yo boy) and a 10 year old boy. My eldest and her husband just had a baby girl in June – so now I’m a grandfather.
2. Have you always lived in New Brunswick?
** I grew up in NS,PEI,BC and moved to NB in 1989 – I’ve lived here in Rothesay my entire adult life.
3. What are some of your favorite pass-times? **Reading, Music, Golf. Travelling.
4. Your educational background?
**I have a Degree in history from UNB and a CIP designation.
5. How long have you been involved in the insurance industry? As a broker?
**Just stared my 20th year in the industry. 16 as a broker.
6. How did you get into the insurance industry?
**I got tired of bartending.
7. What is your position?
**President – Higgins Commercial Insurance Ltd.
8. Please give a brief summary of your time in the industry.
**Worked as a Property Underwriter for Wawanesa from 2002 – 2005 – then moved to Higgins insurance.
9. Your aspirations, plans for the future?
**Live well – hopefully for a long time.
Well thank you so much James for that introduction to you! Join us next week when we will be quizzing Natalie Leger from Assurance Vienneau / Vienneau Insurance.