Happy Monday everyone. This week we are talking to Jeff Daniels of Cambridge McKnight GTI Broker Group:
1.Tell me a bit about yourself and your family.
**I live in Rusagonis NB with my girlfriend Holly, and our 2 dogs Jax and Mya. I have been in the industry since I graduated university in 2009.
2.Have you always lived in New Brunswick?
**Yes & no, I went to university in Nova Scotia but returned each summer to work in different trades back here in NB.
A. Yes…what parts?
**New Maryland, Marysville, and Rusagonis
3. What are some of your favorite pass-times? (i.e. golf, fishing, etc…)
**Anything and everything outdoors, I am currently anxiously awaiting this Snowmobile season to start.
4. Other areas of interest? Participation in volunteer groups? Unusual endeavors currently or previously?
**I am a member of the Auxiliary Coastguard in my area, along with the obvious part of helping people in great need, it has enabled me to participate in fundraising events like The Big Swim in a valuable way.
5. Your educational background?
**I attended Saint Mary’s University, did my CAIB 1 & 2 back to back and completed my CAIB designation within a year along with the PSIB course.
6. How long have you been involved in the insurance industry? As a broker?
** I have been in the industry for 12 years, and a broker for 11 of them.
7. How did you get into the insurance industry?
**I had the normal “I want to travel” idea in my head after university but that requires money, so I filled in for a maternity leave in reception at my fathers brokerage, then another maternity leave as a Broker and here I am now.
8. What is your position?
**My current position is Manager, but I have done it all from reception to ownership. Including plumber, electrician, IT, janitor, you name it.
9. Please give a brief summary of your time in the industry.
** After obtaining my CAIB designation and spending a few years in the industry I bought into Cambridge SIA Insurance Brokers with GTI Broker Group. We then purchased McKnight Insurance, and then Ellen Daigle Insurance. GTI recently sold to Cal LeGrow Insurance and Synex Group.
10. What is your favorite part of being involved in the insurance industry?
**Helping people, and the multitude of situations we run into and deal with on a daily basis.
11. Your aspirations, plans for the future?
** To have a great 2022 snowmobile season!
Thank you so much for joining us in our Chat with Erin. Next week we will be talking to Lori Thebeau from Huestis.