With the election of a new board happening last week, it's time to meet our Members!
Up first is our Chairperson, Stephen Halsall from All Coverage Insurance Ltd; and with that let the questions commence!
1. Tell me a bit about yourself and your family?
*I've been married for 31 years to Tammy, with three kids; Lauren, Courtney and Reid.
2. Have you always lived in New Brunswick?
*No, I born in Winnipeg, and have lived in Calgary and Toronto before moving to Saint John.
3. What are some of your favorite pass-times?
*I am partial to both Golf and Hunting...aside from working!
4. Your educational background? Check out the signature, CCIB, CRM, CPIB.....
*I have a Bachelor of Business Administration, a Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional Designation, I am a Canadian Certified Insurance Broker, A Canadian Risk Management Designation and am a Canadian Professional Insurance Broker.
5. How long have you been involved in the insurance industry?
*As a broker? I've been involved since 1984, in another month it will be 38 years.
6. How did you get into the insurance industry?
* I told my father, Wendell, that I wanted a job! He wouldn't hire me until I had a degree!
7. What is your position?
*I am the chairperson on the board of IBANB and a Broker at All Coverage Insurance Ltd.
8. What is your favorite part of being involved in the insurance industry?
*Its never boring, even after all this time! There is always change and adapting to transitioning times.
9. Your aspirations, plans for the future?
*To be able to travel and enjoy the world! I am not thinking of retiring anytime soon though!
Well thank you so much to Stephen for that quick introduction, stay tuned for next week when we will be getting to know our President; Joanne Deveau-Murphy from Archway Insurance.