IBANB was established in 1919. Captain Masters was the first president of the association, while Luke Morrison was the secretary. The goal in forming the association was to get brokers from across Canada working together.
To support and promote the development and growth of insurance brokers in New Brunswick
Insurance brokers are the primary distribution channel for insurance products and related services.
The Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick looks to a future in where:
- There is public confidence in the broker distribution channel and process.
- There is a strong relationship between brokers and insurers.
- Consumers are well-served by brokers and have products available to meet their needs
- Brokerages have a more diverse workforce and higher profile as a career path in the province.
- 95% of New Brunswick insurance brokers belong to IBANB.
2018-2021 Strategic Aims
- Member Relations
- Government Relations
- Broker Education
- Consumer Advocacy
- Governance Practices