Course / Exam Registrations
Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick (IBANB) will register a student for a course/exam on a per student case based on the following guidelines.
- Students can register for a course/exam by completing a registration form and returning to the Professional Development Coordinator.
- Course registration is non-refundable once the textbooks have been shipped from the IBANB office. Substitutions may be made for any student, at any time.
- The student must write the course exam within one year from the date of registration.
- If the student takes longer than one year to register for an exam (but within three years of original course registration), a no-show fee of $100+HST.
- iIf the student does not pass the exam they will be charged re-write fees for each subsequent exam they write until the course is successfully completed
iii.If more than three years have passed since the original course registration, the student must re-register for the course.
Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick (IBANB) will permit the deferral of an exam on a per student case based on the following guidelines.
- There is no penalty fee for deferrals, if:
- Submitted in writing to the IBANB Professional Development Coordinator prior to the registration/deferral deadline (2 weeks before exam date)
- incurring medical, or family emergency (valid documentation may be requested)
- A penalty fee of $50.00/members and $90.00/non-members will occur, if:
- registrant defers after the two-week deadline has passed
- If a registrant defers the exam sitting outside the one-year period (but within three years of original course registration), and after the two week deadline has passed, the student will be subject to both the deferral fee of $50.00/member and $90.00/non-member in addition to the no-show fee of $100+HST.
Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick (IBANB) will use the following guidelines when scheduling National exam locations:
- IBANB will choose the exams locations based on the following criteria:
- Number of students writing in a particular area;
- Ability to secure sufficient space and suitable proctor;
- All exam locations will be within a one-hour commute. (Winter weather permitting)
- IBANB limits the number of locations to a maximum of 6 separate exam locations. IBANB reserves the right to change the maximum number of exam locations based on the preceding points.
- Exam locations will be forwarded to students one week prior to the exam date.
- If the student forgoes the option to write once the location information has been distributed, the student is subject to incur the appropriate fees.
Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick (IBANB) requires all students who are writing a National exam to keep record of their personal identification number. This number is unique to each individual student, and will be used for all future course and webinar registrations.
Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick (IBANB) requires students who are enrolled in an immersion course to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must give 3 weeks’ notice to the Professional Development Coordinator if they choose to withdraw from the immersion course.
- If notice is given later than the 3 week time period, immersion charges will be forfeited. Substitutions can be made for another student after the 3 week time period has lapsed.
- Textbooks are the non-returnable property of the purchaser; therefore no refunds will be given on textbooks if the student cancels the immersion course. Students have the option to complete the course via self-study.
Exam no-show fees
Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick (IBANB) requires students who register for an exam, but do not show up to write the exam and have not provided the Professional Development Coordinator with written notice, to pay a fee of $100+HST. The no-show fee also applies to any student who does not attempt the exam within one year from the date of registration.
If students have a medical reason as to why they did not show up for their exam, they must provide the Professional Development Coordinator with a medical note for the $100+HST fee to be waived.