IBANB was established in 1920. Captain Masters was the first president of the association, while Luke Morrison was the secretary. The goal in forming the association was to get brokers from across Canada working together.
Developing and promoting the professional insurance broker distribution channel in New Brunswick
The Insurance Brokers Association of New Brunswick looks to a future in where:
- There is renewed public confidence in the insurance industry and process.
- Insurance brokers continue to be the primary distribution channel for insurance products.
- There is a positive relationship between brokers and insurers.
- Consumers are well-served by brokers and have products available to meet their needs.
- There is a strong relationship and collaboration among the four Atlantic Broker Associations that enhances the broker distribution channel.
- 95 % of New Brunswick insurance brokers belong to IBANB.